Position: Facilities Support Technician
FLSA: Non-exempt (eligible for overtime in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations)
Pay range: $22.00-$23.00/hour
The base compensation range above represents the low and high end of the compensation range for this position. Actual compensation will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. The Augustine Institute offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 403b retirement plan match, medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holiday, and a generous paid time off plan, as well as other benefits.
Schedule: This full-time position will work from the Augustine Institute office in Greenwood Village, Colorado as well as local Augustine Institute properties (Denver area).
Reporting to: Building Superintendent
Provides facility maintenance and support as assigned for Augustine Institute properties all within the Greenwood Village area. Duties include hands-on work in basic carpentry, painting, plumbing, drywall, snow removal, and general office maintenance.
*Specific duties are listed below but may not be all-inclusive.
- Completes basic repairs, paints structures, drywall, and plaster, performs facilities maintenance work, and assesses repair requests to maintain Augustine Institute properties.
- Accurately maintains detailed records for all facilities including repair records, preventative maintenance schedules, and cost of repair.
- Assists with maintaining an inventory of commonly used repair parts in a clean and orderly parts room.
- Assists with developing specifications for new office equipment and orders replacement parts and equipment as needed (basic furniture assembly, etc.).
- Is available as scheduled for on-call emergency maintenance and repairs.
- Safely operates snowplow equipment for snow removal.
- Serves as an emergency first-responder for Greenwood Village office.
- Performs other related maintenance and repair tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Minimum of 2 years of building maintenance/facilities experience
- Possess a valid Colorado Driver’s license
- Possess and maintain an acceptable driving record
- Able to achieve and maintain CPR certification
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of building/property maintenance
- Skill in communicating and interacting with a broad range of people to effectively accomplish assigned tasks or projects
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, the public, and outside contractors
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and to issue clear concise verbal and/or written instructions to direct reports and other employees
- Ability to establish, follow, maintain appropriate schedules that ensure proper care and maintenance of company equipment and building facilities
- Ability to safely use and maintain a variety of hand and shop tools and shop equipment
- Ability to consistently demonstrate the Augustine Institute’s core values including:
- Humility – We serve the Augustine Institute Mission with humility and a service mindset.
- Collaboration – We work together as a united Body of Christ.
- Innovation – We encourage being creative and demonstrating a clever mindset.
- Excellence – We strive in everything we do to win souls for Christ.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
The essential duties of this job require heavy lifting. Heavy lifting is exerting up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual and fine/gross motor skills enabling the safe operation of a variety of hand and shop tools, office equipment, and snowplows in normal as well as hazardous weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to work in a wide variety of environments from climate-controlled office to outdoor environments which may include adverse weather.
Full-time employees receive numerous benefits including competitive compensation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, access to an Employee Assistance Program, a generous paid time off plan and paid holiday schedule, and a 403(b)-retirement plan with company match. Daily Mass is typically celebrated at the Greenwood Village Chapel.
Company Information and History
The Augustine Institute is a registered 501(c)(3) Corporation. Our mission is to serve the formation of Catholics for the New Evangelization. Through our graduate school, media, and parish programs, we equip Catholics intellectually, spiritually, and pastorally to renew the Church and transform the world for Christ.
In 2005, as a response to the call of Pope St. John Paul II, Catholic scholars established in Denver a graduate school dedicated to transforming Catholic education for the New Evangelization. Since then, the Augustine Institute has become the fastest growing Catholic graduate school in the United States and has quickly expanded into a multi-faceted institute providing strategic, disciple-based parish programming and leadership formation to dioceses and parishes across America.
In July 2015, the Augustine Institute and its partners launched FORMED, our digital, state-of-the-art, online platform (often referred to as a “Catholic Netflix”), which makes available the best Catholic content from a host of leading Catholic apostolates.
In November 2015, the Augustine Institute entered into a merger with Lighthouse Catholic Media, which included its Parish Consultant independent contractor salesforce; the Parish Kiosk Program, CD of the Month Club Program, and other channels; and what is now the Ignatius Press-Augustine Institute Joint Publishing Venture.